Parents and Caregivers are reminded that NZQA Examination Fees and Financial Assistance applications for Year 11 – 13 students are due this week. The Fees are set by NZQA and the School acts as a collection agent for them.
The NZQA fees are as follows:
- All candidates $76.70
- Domestic students entering Scholarship $30.00 per subject
- Foreign Fee paying students $383.30
- Overseas students sitting Scholarship $102.20 per subject
These fees have been added to your child’s school account and can be paid at any time before Friday 19st of August. Fees that have not been paid by this date may be subject to a $50 late fee, which must be paid along with the original fee before students can access their NZQA record.
Scholarship Examination Fees:
Please note that Scholarship Examination fees cannot be reversed after the 1st of September if a student later decides not to sit Scholarship Examinations.
Financial assistance is available to assist with the payment of entry fees to National Secondary Schools Qualifications. To be eligible to apply, you must be the fee payer and meet at least one of the following criteria:
Be receiving a Work and Income or Study Link benefit (Benefit-based applications)
- Have a joint family income that would entitle the applicant to a Community Services Card (Income-based applications)
- Have more than one child in the family undertaking qualifications in the same year irrespective of income and their total fees are more than $200 (Multiple candidate applications)
- International students are not eligible for financial assistance.
- If you are in one of these categories, the fees are set out in the table below:
|Eligible for beneficiary or income-based assistance||Not eligible for beneficiary or income-based assistance (family-based assistance)|
|One child entering qualifications
|$20.00 (includes scholarship subjects)||Full fees ($76.70 for all NCEA standards, $30.00 for each Scholarship subject entry)|
|Two or more children entering qualifications
|A maximum of $30.00 per family (includes scholarship)||A maximum of $200.00 per fee payer|
To receive Financial Assistance, you will need to apply. Forms are available from Kerikeri High School Reception. Forms need to be filled in and returned to school as soon as possible – the School will fill in the student’s NSN number. The students who obtained financial assistance last year will need to reapply. The closing date for this application is Friday 19st August.
If you have any questions, please contact Deputy Principal, Mr Daniel Wise.
We thank you very much for your cooperation.